“I believe in treating a patient the old-fashioned way – By listening attentively to their needs and applying the best practices of medicine to optimize their care.”
Dr. Roopam Shyam is a family practice and urgent care physician skilled in a wide range of urgent and primary outpatient care, including outpatient procedural skills, occupational medicine, worker’s compensation care and travel health. She is Board-certified through the American Board of Family Practice and a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians. Fluent in English, Hindi and Urdu, Dr. Shyam brings extensive experience and a passion for medicine to LuminCARE.
“I feel very fortunate to have been born into a family of doctors and healthcare experts, and grew up with the world of medicine at my fingertips. My natural inclination toward healthcare was mostly due to my father and my four siblings, all of whom are physicians and surgeons. My love for medicine continued to grow, so it became a natural fit when pursuing a career path. When I make an impact on a patient’s life and overall wellness, I am fulfilled, motivated and privileged to practice medicine and be in a position to improve the health of the community.”
Dr. Shyam completed medical school and her internship at GR Medical College in Gwalior, M.P., India. While in medical school, she was named a Merit Scholar Student. This honor was awarded only to the top 1% of all students. From there, she finished her residency program in family practice at Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana and at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan.
With the field of medicine always changing, Dr. Shyam is dedicated to improving the delivery of healthcare in order to serve our North Texas communities in a superior, effective manner. With expertise in urgent care and primary care, she believes in a patient-centric approach that allows treatment to be optimized on an individual basis while impacting her patients’ health in a positive and caring way.
Monday – 8am-2pm
Tuesday – 8am-8pm
Thursday – 8am-2pm
Friday – 8am-8pm
About Dr. Shyam:
- Graduated from medical school at GR Medical College in Gwalior, M.P., India
- Completed residency in family practice at Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana and Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan
- Board-certified by the American Board of Family Practice and a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Received DOT and Basic Life Support certifications
- In her free time, Dr. Shyam enjoys traveling, camping, gardening and maintaining an active role in her two daughters’ education (including facilitating a Toastmaster Youth Leadership Gavel Club)